September 25, 2011
Elder Smith,
Thank you so much for the letter you sent! I walked in the door Monday after work and the first thing anyone said to me was “Guess what?? You got a letter today!” I was pretty excited. :) Your letter gave some much needed encouragement this week, and I really appreciate that. It was really nice to hear from you and see pictures as well!
didn’t get a chance to tell you last week, but the Saturday of the BYU vs
I also participated this past Saturday in the “Walk for the Cure”. It is a 5k walk that is a fundraiser to help cure juvenile diabetes. Again, UCCU was sponsoring it so I walked with a couple of the other employees and it was pretty fun. There are so many great opportunities to be involved and it has been a good experience to take advantage of those over the past few weeks.
I don’t know if you remember from one of my other emails or letters, but I am a visiting teaching supervisor in my singles ward. I’ve always kind of struggled with getting visiting teaching done because it was really hard to coordinate with my companion and with the girls that I teach. This month, because of the start of the new semester, I was assigned a new companion and new sisters to teach. It has been so great! My companion actually contacted me to go visiting teaching and the girls that we went to visit were so willing and excited to have us come over! Jen, who is one of the girls that we visit, added me as her friend on Facebook like 15 minutes after I left her house. I thought it was pretty funny, but it made me feel so good because it means that she actually enjoyed our visit and was excited about being my friend.
Yesterday, Saturday, I called around to all the girls in my district to find out if they had been able to get their visiting teaching done for this month. Guess what?? I was able to get in contact with all of the girls, AND we had 100% in my district!!! I was so proud and so excited that we had all been able to get our visiting teaching done. It was such a good experience and such a boost for my spirits at the end of a very long week.
How are things going for you? How was your second week of being District Leader? Are you enjoying your new companion and area?
I have to get going because I procrastinated doing my homework all weekend…talk about a bad student. I will do my best to get a letter off to you soon, and I hope to hear from you tomorrow! If not, have a wonderful week! Remember that the church is true and there are a lot of people who love you and are praying for you and the work of the Lord.
Be sure to make it another “Best Week Ever”.
Always,
Kaytlyn M
P.S. 6 days until General Conference, and 3 months until Christmas! Whoot woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment