Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"It's Repetitive" "And Redundant" "Its Repetitive" "And Redundant"




Especially watch at 1:45. :)

So My last post was about the not really car accident that I was in with my car Paul Anka, whose name sake comes from the 60's teen singing sensation Paul Anka

as well as the dog in Gilmore Girls named Paul Anka.



So, here is the repetitive and redundant repetitive and redundant part. I got in an accident with my car Paul Anka. So about a week ago, I was driving on University Avenue. The same University Avenue that I got in the first accident. Except I was on my way home from work and I was going in the opposite direction. The light over by Will's Pit Stop turned green and all of the traffic started to move as normal, including me and the huge Ford F250 in front of me. But, here is the thing about me and driving. I am very much a traffic-should-just-move-as-normal type of driver, which means I do awesome on the freeway and not so well with traffic lights and dumb city drivers. So when traffic starts moving, I move with it, and when the car that is four cars in front of me decides to stop I totally space it and don't do so well with my driving skills. So the car a few cars up decides to stop and so does the huge truck in front of me. When I finally realized this I slam on my brakes and try to move out of the way, only to hit the very pretty truck in front of me. The truck was fine, because it is after all a truck. Just a few scratches here and there, but no real damage. My poor Paul Anka however, took a little bit of a beating.

Now remember how I ran into a truck? Well trucks generally have a tow package which means they have this solid metal 3-4" square rod sticking out of the back of their vehicles. So, because of this unfortunate but very useful piece of metal pulled from the earth I now have a very large gaping hole in the front of my bumper.

So despite this VERY awful looking hole and the slightly bent hood, Paul Anka is okay and so am I. Poor Paul Anka.
"Its Repetitive." "And Redundant." "Its Repetitive." "And Redundant."

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Paulanka's okay. She's such a sweet heart. You really should treat her a little better. Oh, glad you're okay too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry kaytlyn. that is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* wow, that hole. Glad your car is still good and that you are good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kaytlyn! ty did tell me and i'm very flattered that you enjoy our blog. sorry about paul! i think it's funny you named him that as my mom had a huge crush on paul anka growing up (yeah, she's old). thanks for keepign ty company in class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear that. I hope this is a great reinforcement/reminder on safe driving. You and your car are too important for anything else to happen. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete