Sunday, October 4, 2009

Paul Anka...And The Accident.




For the last few months I have been looking around for a car. I spent lots of time looking online for options and I looked at a lot of car lots trying to find MY car. It was a hard process. I went out looking with Jacob and Jen one night and decided that I really liked the Honda Element. It is a sweet car and even though it looks a little....different, it has a lot of really cool features. I kept trying to find one that was in my price range....but it wasn't going so well. I looked for jeeps....but that was a little bit of a joke. So finally, I just looked for anything that was in my price range and that qualified for the loan that I was getting. Finally, I found it. A blue silver 2007 Malibu Maxx. It was sweet and it was perfect. I set up a day to drive up to Woodscross, Utah to test drive and maybe even buy it. It was at a dealership so I called and set up an appointment to see it. Chelsey(one of my best friends and manager) and her husband Taylor came with me. When we got there the car was sitting out front just waiting for me. We looked through it, sat in it, and decided that I really like it, A LOT. Then P.J. came out. P.J. is about 5'5" and looks like he is 16. He informed us that they had just sold the car about 5 minutes before I came. I couldn't believe it. 5 minutes? Really? How? Why? It was my car. It was fate. The day I found it I had opened a fortune cookie that said that "today would be lucky and memorable" for me. It was meant to be, and some guy bought it 5 minutes before I got there? No Way!?!? So we went and test drove a Honda Element. It is an awesome car and I love the way it drives. I almost fell out of it though, because it has such a slick floor. It was pretty funny. After we test drove the element, we went to another car lot and looked at a Malibu. It was a nice car but I had a hard time really looking at anything else because I was very set on the blue Malibu Maxx.
About a week later, my Mom brought in a post-it-note to the bank while I was working. She had found a few Malibu Maxxes that she thought I might like. There was only one that fit the requirements for the loan that I was getting, so I called and asked if I could take a look at it. It was a silver green 2005 Malibu Maxx for $8,000. I went and test drove it and liked it a lot. It had tons of extra features that the other Maxx didn't have, and it was cheaper too. After a few days, I got everything set up to buy it. It all happened so fast, but it was probably a good thing or else I would have chickened out. We talked the guy down 500 dollars so that we could repair the front left break something.....I'm not sure. I just know it needed to be fixed. But I bought it. At 11:00 am on the 28th of August in the year 2009 and named him Paul Anka.



So about a week ago, I had a dentist appointment. I was on my way there when I rear ended someone driving a Honda Element. Neither of our cars were really hurt, but of course, they insisted on calling the police to report it anyway. So I never made it to my dentist appointment. It was my first accident ever and I was really bummed that it had to happen. The cop came and recorded all the information. I filled out the incident report and gave the people my information. Thankfully, I didn't get a ticket, so I went home afterward without much punishment. Even though there wasn't any damage to either of our cars, they decided to file a claim anyway. Which I'm really bummed about. Most of the damage was actually done to my car because my license plate and license plate holder is bent to the shape of their bumper. Poor Paul Anka.


1 comment: