Hold on, and don't let go. Give heed.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Church Callings
So in April of 2008, I got a call from the stake clerk asking me to come in for an interview. I was a little shocked and really nervous about going to talk to the stake president, but I went anyway. My parents came with me, which only made me more nervous and stressed about being there. I was finally called into the office where President Christiansen asked me to serve on the Timpview Seminary Council. Wow! I couldn't believe it. I served during my senior year with Nate, Marco, Jeff, Andy, Michelle, Brooke, and Shamae. It was quite a council and I had such a good time. We held different events throughout the year for the seminary kids and made some interesting videos as well. After serving for a year, we were released. Each year, the new council and the old council get together to pass on wisdom and knowledge and to for the old council to get their hormones back(inside joke). So a few weeks ago, we got together and it was so much fun to have the council together one more time.


The day after graduation, my family and I went on a trip to California. While there, I received a call asking if I could come in for an interview with my bishop the next Sunday. I said that I could and knew that I was getting a calling into the primary because they were desperate for help. Little did I know, I was getting called into a different part of the primary, also known as the nursery. I was a little hesitant at first, but of course I said yes. My first Sunday in the nursery was a little overwhelming. I wasn't sure what to do or how to help, but I made it through. The next week was a little easier, but still a little awkward. As the weeks went on, I learned all of the little kids names, what their favorite snacks were, and how to get 10 kids to sit somewhat still all at the same time. I served in the Nursery all summer and I loved every week. Those little kids are so cute and so funny. I loved spending time with them, playing with them, and teaching them the simple truths of the gospel. Leah, my sister, babysits Abby, one of the girls in the nursery. One of the times that Leah was babysitting Abby, Abby starting talking to her about nursery and then said "oh, you already know that. Your my teacher." Leah had to explain to her that she wasn't Abby's teacher, it was her sister(me) who was her nursery teacher. Abby didn't talk to Leah for the rest of the time that she was babysitting. I got released from the nursery just a few weeks ago. I was so bummed. You have no idea. Every time I talk about it, it makes my eyes water because I am so sad that I don't get to see them anymore. And they didn't even know that it was my last week, and that I wouldn't be back again after that. I don't even know if they miss me, or if they will notice. I'm going to miss all of them so much. Hyrum and his fear of untied shoes. Andrew and his sweet spirit and cute smile. Abby and her cute voice, dramatic animal stories, and eagerness to learn and play. Tilia and her mellow and quiet intelligence. Katie and her strong will. Cami and her funny personality. Leo's maturity. Josh's enthusiasm. The kitchen the animals, the track and the cars.


I had a blast serving in both callings and I'm going to miss both of them a lot, but I am really excited to find out what is ahead of me. I already have a visiting teaching assignment in my new student ward and I can't wait to get started. Go nursery and seminary council!
Hold on, and don't let go. Give heed.
Hold on, and don't let go. Give heed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment