So I Have This Job See
....
Actually...I Have Two.
My first job is at Famous Footwear. I interviewed at Famous Footwear in June of 2007, so one month before I turned 16. I started working officially the week after my 16th birthday and have worked there ever since. My manager Chelsey, is AWESOME. She is an incredible boss and has been so nice to me(especially with my crazy schedules due to band, family, and work). The week after I graduated from High School, I was promoted to the position of Assistant Manager. I love shoes and I love working at Famous Footwear. It has been such a good learning experience and I have grown so much from it. The only problem with Famous Footwear, is that I don't get the same amount of hours every week. Chelsey has been really good about giving me whatever she could, and in August and December I can have as many as I want, but I usually got cut down to 20 or even 10 during January, February, and October. So although I loved working at Famous, the hours were not the most ideal for me.
The second job I have is at Utah Community Credit Union. I applied for, interviewed, and got my intership with the Credit Union at the end of my Junior year, so in May of 2008. It was interesting to learn about the credit union and about the whole banking system. I was an intern all through my senior year and loved it. I worked with Kellie and Lisa and learned a ton from them. The summer after graduation a position opened up at the Riverwoods branch, which is where I did all of my training at. I applied for it and got the position. I have worked with a few different tellers, but mostly just Mel, Loryn, and Karlee. Mel is the head vault teller at the riverwoods branch, which pretty much means she runs the place. Loryn is the assistant vault, so she helps Mel run the place. And Karlee is a part time teller just like me. I have loved working with them and have made some awesome friendships. I love all of them and am so grateful for all that they have helped me with and taught me.
So the reason that I applied for the job at uCCU even though I had just recieved a promotion and a raise at Famous Footwear is because of hours. I really needed the consistant hours and because UCCU could give me almost the exact same pay with guranteed hours, I kind of had to take the job so that I could pay for school and a car and all that fun stuff.
About a two years ago, a rumor started at Famous Footwear that they were going to open up a new store in the University Mall. They kept saying that it would happen in the next couple of months, and low and behold....nothing happened...until this last November. Famous Footwear's arch nemisis is Shoe Carnival...well sorta. Shoe Carnival built a store that is just a few blocks away from the Orem Famous Footwear where I work. Business didn't go down a ton, but corporate got word of it and decided to do something. Plans started to go in for a new store in the Mall, and on November 2nd it was made official. Chelsey, my manager, called me and asked me to come in to work before I went to class that night. When I walked into the store she explained to me that it was finally official, that we were really opening a new store and that it should be up and ready to go in March. She then told me that she wanted me to come on full time as her assistant manager and offered me an awesome pay raise. I had to take it. I would be getting 40 hours a week instead of 25 and the pay raise was something that I would never ever refuse. Besides the logical reasons, there was also the fact that I love working at Famous Footwear and I love the people I work with there.
So...I took the offer and am going to work full time at Famous Footwear. Because of this decision, I have to quit my job at the Credit Union. Sad day.
MEL START READING HERE
So today is my last official day at Utah Community Credit Union. It is the last day that I will be covering my own scheduled shift. The good thing though, is that my awesome branch manager is going to keep me on as a temp. Which means that I can still work a few saturdays a month, and I help out covering shifts.
So this super long blog entry is to say thank you.
- Thank you to Brandon, for keeping me on as an intern, even though I missed the week of training. Thanks for hiring me on as a teller, and for being so understanding when I quit.
- Thanks to Kellie for coming to Timpview and setting such an awesome example for me of what a good assistant manager does and how to be a hard worker.
- D
- Thanks to Lisa. For putting up with me every other lunch at Timpview, for giving me trash all the time, and for always being there to talk to.
- Thanks to Loryn, for working with me every afternoon for months. Thanks for laughing and joking with me, and thanks for watching movies with me on Saturdays.
- Thanks to Karlee for being an intern with me. For being my friend. For helping me be a better worker, and for having such an awesome attitude about everything.
This one is going to be a long one.
Thank you Mel.
What for you ask?
For:
Training me. Teaching me. Being understanding. Listening. Being patient. Helping me. Correcting me. Teasing me. Laughing with me. Taking a class with me. Helping me with homework. Calling me a turkey and a snot. Being my friend. Playing the wii with me. Teaching me to open the vault. Laughing at all of my OCD habits. For being such a good friend even when I'm being a total butt. Telling me all your "one Rules". For giving me trash. For making me Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake. For bringing me back Cherry Coke Chapstick from Vegas. For bringing me cherry coke(yum).
Thank you so much Mel. For everything you have taught me and for everything that you do for me. I really am truly sorry that I'm quitting and that I have to leave. I have loved working with you and I'm going to miss seeing you every day. You have been such an awesome friend and you have helped me through a lot. Thank you for being a great supervisor and for being so patient with me when I was off. You have been an incredible example to me. You have taught me so much about work and about life. You are an awesome spirit with you and I'm so grateful for you testimony and love of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Thank You Thank You Thank You
I love you so much Mel and we definitely need to hang out more often.
Because we are friends, and we always will be.
WITH love,
Kaytlyn Monsivais
RWT4L
No comments:
Post a Comment