and Anthony, Missy, and their kids weren't able to make it because of some scheduling conflicts, so instead of coming to the ceremony they wanted to make me dinner. I was excited for that because I love food and I would get to spend time with them. I talked to like ten different friends that I knew trying to find somebody that would go with me, but no joke everyone was out of town, working, or already taken for this weekend. It was a mess. So, I asked my sister Maria if she would come with me. I know it sounds like Maria was my VERY VERY VERY last choice, but she wasn't. I love hanging out with Maria. We both love a lot of the same things (except we disagree on Asian noodles and Mom's beef stroganoff) and it is just so much fun to hang out with her.
So we both packed for the weekend and headed off at around 3pm on Friday the 19th of 2009 to go all the way up to Anthony and Missy's. It is about an hour and a half ride, so we had a long way to go. We stopped by my work(Famous Footwear) to pick up my cd that I had left there. We had printed out a map from google and Maria was reading me step by step instructions. We had only been going for about 15 minutes when we passed a huge big deer on the side of the road. Maria thought that it didn't have a head because its neck was twisted back a little bit. It was really gross and we felt super bad for the poor deer. You would think that when a deer saw massive objects moving at more than 60mph, they would head in the opposite direction. I mean, accidents happen, but really? Anyway, when we got to the point of the mountain traffic really started to pile up. It was really frustrating until I realized that it was because of an accident that had happened. There were like 3 cars involved and one of the cars was in pretty bad shape. We hope everything is okay with the people involved.
I drive a white PT Cruiser, and if you have ever driven in one you will know that there are a lot of really bad blind spots on this car. Because I have been driving it pretty consistantly for the last year or so, I have gotten into the habit of just being more aware of the cars that I pass as well as the cars that are coming up behind me. That way I can just double check my mirrors and the spaces right next to me and I don't even worry about the blind spots. The only problem is when I don't pay attention all the time and so I miss a car that is coming up behind me really fast or that switched lanes so now they are right next to me. This happened just after the point of the mountain. Traffic had opened up a lot, and so I wasn't too worried about hitting anyone when I was getting out of the car pool lane. I almost hit this little red car that had driven up from behind. I felt really bad and kept apologizing(even though he can't hear me. I get it from my Mom) to the guy in the car. He kept yelling things at me and would give me dirty looks. Maria took a picture of the car.
We made it to Anthony's house without any other major problems, but traffic did get a little crazy every once in a while. That night, we had steak and mushrooms for dinner and lots of peanut butter bars for dessert. We watched Indiana Jones(The one with the little Asian kid and the evil guy who pulls out hearts), and it was my first time watching it all the way through. Its a pretty funny movie. After we finished the movie it was pretty late, so we all headed to bed. It was REALLY obvious that Anthony and Missy are parents because they kept texting me to tell me that if I need anything at all, they are just upstairs, and that its okay to wake them up, and to just let them know if we need any help or if we want anything. It was funny, and nice to know that they care.
The next morning, Anthony, Missy, and their two kids Zoe and Sam went to check out some yard sales and to pick up Carson and Parker. While they were gone, Maria and I ate breakfast, and then got bored so we left to go drive around places. Maria has this thing for quarters and quarter machines, so we found the closest Walmart and played on their quarter machines for like an hour. After that we kinda thought we were hungry, so we drove around town looking for something that sounded good. While we were driving around, Maria and I saw this baptist chapel that had an extremely tilted steeple on it. Like, really slanted. It was pretty funny. We didn't find anything good to eat, and we ended up just going back home to hang out there. We spent the day watching all of the kids while Anthony and Missy went to the temple. Those kids are really funny to watch and play with.
Sam was feeling pretty sick, so I held him for almost the entire time. It was really cute have a little baby cuddle with me and sleep in my arms. He slept for most of the day and Carson, Parker, and Zoe entertained themselves all day.
We made a tent for the little kids while Sam slept in his bed, and they loved it! Parker had his pant on backwards all day and refused to let Maria or I help his switch them around, it was pretty funny.
When Anthony and Missy came home we ate Cafe Rio and then headed home. We had a blast up at their house and it was really cool to get to know Anthony and Missy better.
I did not even know you had a blog. It was fun to read your thoughts on your visit to our house. Thanks for making the crazy drive and for playing with our crazy kids.
ReplyDelete