Wednesday, July 8, 2009

18th Birthday

My birthday is July 7. I have never really like birthdays, but honestly, this year was the best birthday I have ever had. I just loved it. I have been going through training to be a teller at Utah Community Credit Union and it has been from 9am to about 12:30 all this week. I had talked to a few people at the Credit Union, and they had seen that it was my birthday on facebook, so I knew that people knew, but I didn't ever think they would do anything. Right when I walked into the room where I was being trained, Jason(the training guy) wished me happy birthday and so did Tanya from H.R. Lisa from the Riverwoods branch came in to visit and brought cookies and a balloon and then halfway through training Brandon(my branch manager) came in with cinnamon rolls and made everyone sing to me. I was totally shocked that they had all gone out of their way to do something for me. All day I was getting texts wishing me happy birthday and I had like 30 wall posts on facebook from tons of people saying happy birthday. Karla had texted me and told me that she was taking me out for dinner at 4 and I had to choose where we were going. I went up to Famous Footwear to pick up the present that I had left there the day before from Chelsey, my manager. When I walked in Tiffany and Chelsey both sang Happy Birthday to me. It was way nice of them. My Dad's Mom called me right before I left to sing to me and to tell me how much she loved me. Karla came just after 4 with a cake, balloons, and a present.
We ended up going to Cafe Rio and at a ton. After that, we met up with my friend Andrea and we all went to Dairy Queen to eat blizzards. It was so much fun to just hang out, and the food was really good. Karla and I hung out for a little bit and just talked, which was nice. After we went out, I came home and watched/played Mario Party with Peter, Joshua, and Maria. Peter kept asking if I was going out anywhere that night, and if I was doing anything else. I kept telling him no, and I wasn't sure what he was talking about, because he wasn't very suttle. I kinda just pushed it aside and kept playing Mario party. A little bit later (around 9:30) the door bell rang and Mara answered it. Much to my surprise, Chelsey (My Manager at Famous Footwear), Tiffany (another manager), and Hollie (a sales associate) came over to kidnap me and take me to get icecream at Sub-zero. I was seriously so shocked to see them but it was so nice that they came to get me and to spend time with me. We sat outside with our ice cream for like 45 minutes and just talked. It was a lot of fun and I'm really grateful that they came to kidnap me. It was a perfect way to end my day.(Chelsey and I are signing FF4L)
Trying to help Chelsey do the "west side"/"walmart" gang sign



When I got back from the whole kidnapping and ice cream trip, I blew out the candles on the cake that Karla gave me and made a wish.After all of this, Peter and I both fell asleep on the couches watching The Secret of Nimh. We finally went to bed at almost 2am. It was a great day. Thanks everyone!
Well, my birthday wasn't quite over yet. Today, the 8th, Hyrum, Jacob and I(my brothers that I share a birthday with) decided to go to Tucanos because Jake and I have free birthday meal passes. So we(Jake, Jen, Hyrum, Samuel, Genevieve, Josh, Peter, and myself) went today at 1pm to eat a birthday lunch.



It was so much fun. We had the best wing man bringing us meat. I have never been served that quickly. Jen had told the waiter that we had three birthdays at the table and specifically requested male waiters for me because I'm single. The waitress laughed but said she would get some. We ate for a while and then the waitress came back to double check on the whole birthdays thing and asked if I had any requests for certain waiters. I told her no and then Jen said "Do you have a request for any customers?" I jokingly looked around and then told her no again. The waitress said that she had seen a few 12 year olds on the other side who would be single and they could come and sing. I was shocked that she was offering 12 year olds when I had just turned 18! Everyone was laughing and I told her that it was very tempting but I would pass. She decided to get them anyway. I was sitting in my chair behaving and minding my own business, when I see our waitress, named Barbie btw, walking over to a group of boys and talking to them. My mouth dropped! I couldn't believe that she was doing that. She saw me out of the corner of her eye and I shook my head at her while she just laughed. When they had the other workers there come out with the drums to come sing to Hyrum, Jacob and I, Barbie went over and got the boys and they came to help sing and clap. They stood off to the side kind of awkwardly but it was way nice of them to come over. Everyone thought it was hilarious and we were all cracking up. (The boys that Barbie recruited are standing on the right. Not exactly 12 I don't think)
After they sang to us, the waitress appologized a little bit, but I told her it was fine. It definently made my trip, and it was just funny in general.
I Like Josh's wet spot on his shirt. I'm not sure where it came from.

At Tucanos when the meat guy comes around, he tells us what kind of meat he has and asks if we want some. There was one time where he came around with cod fish and asked if we wanted any. We all said no except for Josh who shouted "Oh Yeah!" We all busted up laughing and let him have some of the cod fish. Josh ate everything that he could and loved all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment