Monday, May 25, 2009

February-May Highlights


May 1st was State Band for Utah. Timpview got flying colors at Region and were sent on to State. After a year of practicing we had a fantastic performance at UVU at 9:30pm. Yeah...that late...it was crazy. We played Symphonic Concert March, Irish Tune, Shepard's Hey, and Incantation and Dance. After State, we went to Monte's house to have a dance party. It was amazing! The next day, we found out from Dr. Fullmer(D.F.) that we were one of three bands in the entire state of Utah to receive straight superior ratings, aka straight ones, at the State Band Festival. In other words, we did AMAZING! In the picture from left to right is me, David Sorensen, Sara Larsen, Ryan Adair, Jared Larkin, and Kayla Hunter. We had one of the greatest Tuba sections this year in Timpview history. We have done great all year, and finished it up with a great performance. I love my Tubas!!!

Two Foot Sandwich
Every year the Timpview Jazz band does a pillow concert at the very end of the year where they play everything from Classic to modern Jazz. This year, we played things like batman, the incredibles, Island Breeze, Granada Smoothie, the Mooche, and a ton of other things. It was a lot of fun. The thing about the pillow concert that is different from all other concerts is that each of the sections dress up with a theme. This year, my Trombone section leader decided that we would go to sensuous sandwich to eat two foot sandwiches so that we could get a free shirt to wear at the pillow concert. At first, I was all for it, but as time went on, I was a little more worried about it.

The day of the pillow concert we went to Sensuous Sandwich and began our eating challenge. We had 30 minutes to eat all 24 inches of the sandwich. I did pretty well for the first half(the first 12 inches), but the second half is pretty intense. There are 2 girls(My sister Mara and I) and 5 boys(Jon, Ryan, Will, Chris, and Jared) in the Trombone section. Of those seven people, five finished. Want to guess which five? Ryan, Will, Chris, MARA and ME! Jon and Jared just couldn't finish it. Jared ended up throwing half of the sandwich up and Jon just couldn't make it. We all ended up getting shirts and wearing them to the concert, but it is definently something I will never do again. I could feel the sandwich in my stomach for the next few days. But, I won my shirt(an XL) and wore it to the concert. It was pretty funny.


Spaz Bowling!

Sara Larsen invited me to go Spaz bowling with her this spring, and I had a blast! I have never been Spaz bowling, but I was excited to go bowling in general. Bowling is so much fun and its hillarious to watch. The rules of Spaz bowling include getting shoes that are 2 sizes too big, drawing skittle and matching the colors to a type of bowling (such as bowling backwards, through the legs, eyes closed, and left handed), be loud and obnoxious, and just have a lot of fun.

Sara, Tess, Mara, Zoe, Will, Jon, and I all played. We had one lane for Spaz bowling and another lane for regular bowling. I think that Jon did better at Spaz bowling than he did in regular bowling. It was pretty funny. We had an awesome time though, I would definently recomend it to anyone.
Trip To D.I.
For Youth Conference this year, we are going on the Martins Cover Trek. Part of the experience is to dress in pioneer clothing and pull a hand cart. For Young Womens one night we went to D.I. to look for clothes that we could use on the trek. Well...this is what we found.....











































No comments:

Post a Comment