"You are called to represent the Savior. Your voice to testify becomes the same as His voice, your hands to lift the same as His hands. His work is to bless His Father’s spirit children with the opportunity to choose eternal life. So, your calling is to bless lives. That will be true even in the most ordinary tasks you are assigned and in moments when you might be doing something not apparently connected to your call. Just the way you smile or the way you offer to help someone can build their faith. And should you forget who you are, just the way you speak and the way you behave can destroy faith."
"Your call has eternal consequences for others and for you. In the world to come, thousands may call your name blessed, even more than the people you serve here. They will be the ancestors and the descendants of those who chose eternal life because of something you said or did, or even what you were. If someone rejects the Savior’s invitation because you did not do all you could have done, their sorrow will be yours. You see, there are no small callings to represent the Lord. Your call carries grave responsibility. But you need not fear, because with your call come great promises."
I'm pretty excited.
"There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed. One of the ways you will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate. Well, you are inadequate to answer a call to represent God with only your own powers. But you have access to more than your natural capacities, and you do not work alone."
"The Lord will magnify what you say and what you do in the eyes of the people you serve. He will send the Holy Ghost to manifest to them that what you spoke was true. What you say and do will carry hope and give direction to people far beyond your natural abilities and your own understanding. That miracle has been a mark of the Lord’s Church in every dispensation. It is so much a part of your call that you may begin to take it for granted."
It is amazing how well God knows us.
Although I have most definitely been prepared for this calling...
I am also most definitely open to help and suggestions. :)
So to all you teachers out there and also Relief Society Sisters,
why do you enjoy Relief Society Lessons?
What do you like and don't like that teachers do?
Any tips?
"Your call has eternal consequences for others and for you. In the world to come, thousands may call your name blessed, even more than the people you serve here. They will be the ancestors and the descendants of those who chose eternal life because of something you said or did, or even what you were. If someone rejects the Savior’s invitation because you did not do all you could have done, their sorrow will be yours. You see, there are no small callings to represent the Lord. Your call carries grave responsibility. But you need not fear, because with your call come great promises."
This last Sunday I was called not as a missionary, but as a Relief Society Teacher.
I'm pretty excited.
When I was initially called I have to admit that I felt pretty inadequate because I have had some absolutely incredible Relief Society Teachers over the last few years. Many of which have changed my life. The thought that I was supposed to be that person for the Sisters in my own ward weighed heavily on my mind and I immediately began to pray that I would be prepared and guided by the Spirit to do and say those things that my Heavenly Father would have me say.
"There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed. One of the ways you will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate. Well, you are inadequate to answer a call to represent God with only your own powers. But you have access to more than your natural capacities, and you do not work alone."
"The Lord will magnify what you say and what you do in the eyes of the people you serve. He will send the Holy Ghost to manifest to them that what you spoke was true. What you say and do will carry hope and give direction to people far beyond your natural abilities and your own understanding. That miracle has been a mark of the Lord’s Church in every dispensation. It is so much a part of your call that you may begin to take it for granted."
When I was set apart every unspoken concern that I had regarding this calling was addressed. I was blessed that I would be able to have an influence in the Relief Society that I did not have before and also that I would be able to touch individual lives through the lessons that I would teach. I was also blessed that I would be guided by the spirit as I prepared my lessons and that I would receive the help that I needed so that I could continue to do my best in every aspect of my life.
It is amazing how well God knows us.
Since I received the call to teach in Relief Society I have been able to ponder about it more and it has been amazing to realize how much God has prepared me over the last year to be called as a teacher. Everything from the love I have developed for the Sisters in the ward through visiting teaching and being a visiting teaching supervisor to writing in my journal, attending the temple, studying Preach My Gospel, and going out with the Sister Missionaries to teach.
I am also most definitely open to help and suggestions. :)
So to all you teachers out there and also Relief Society Sisters,
why do you enjoy Relief Society Lessons?
What do you like and don't like that teachers do?
Any tips?
Always,
Kaytlyn M
No comments:
Post a Comment