Sunday, May 13, 2012

To Teach and Preach and Work as Missionaries Do...

This is the Hernandez Family

They were baptized yesterday in to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I have had the wonderful opportunity to help teach this family over the last few weeks while I was going on exchanges with the sister missionaries. Pretty awesome.

The first time that I went on Exchanges with Sister Quinnelly and Sister Seidman De Silva we met with the Hernandez family for the first time. I have had the wonderful opportunity to go on exchanges with them for the last few week and each time I went we were able to visit with the Hernandez Family. I was privilege to attend the lesson when they were invited and challenged to be baptized which was a wonderful experience. As I got to know and love this family I was able to share my testimony of the Gospel and see their own testimonies grow. 

This is an absolutely amazing family that has been prepared for the last few years to receive the message that these Sister missionaries had to share with them. They learned the principles of the gospel so quickly and I don't think I have ever seen two little girls more excited to be baptized. 






I love missionary work. I have grown so much over the last couple of months as I have had the opportunity to teach this family and others, and also as I have done my best to stand as a witness of Christ at all times in all things and in all places. The Gospel is true!

Always,

Kaytlyn M 


P.S. I also got the best complement yesterday from the lady I was sitting next to at the baptism. She said "Are you a returned missionary" I responded with "No, I don't turn 21 until July". She said "Oh. Well you look one". Win. :)

2 comments:

  1. You should feel very proud of yourself for helping make this happen !! It is wonderful that you are so committed to the gospel and sharing it !!! You are awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kaytlyn, you are amazing. It's so incredible that you got to be a part of this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete